Monday, July 18, 2011

Hello, World

Hey, people,


Do you like music?  I do.  In fact, I love it, crave it, need it, revel in it. Many genres, many voices, many sounds, rhythms, harmonies.  My major criterion for liking a piece of music is this:  Does it move me off center, away from emotional neutrality?  Then I'm all ears.


I've decided to back into blogging by consolidating a smattering of posts from various forums over the last several years.  So my next several posts will include (but not be limited to) re-posts of my musical meanderings from such sources as Facebook notes, MySpace blogs, e-mails, and www.MusiciansConnected.com (the last now sadly defunct).


Please feel free to comment.  I thrive on shared musical joy.

P.S. Here’s me, 8+ years later, with a hot link to the url I posted in the first comment below:
http://www.bebopified.com/2011/06/bad-plus-play-stravinsky-concert-review.html

1 comment:

  1. Here’s a pre-dated update, with an entry that may well have given me the impetus to start this pretty-much-all-music/whenever-it-moves-me blog.

    Check out Pamela Espeland’s June 2, 2011 Bebopified blog, entitled "The Bad Plus Play Stravinsky: A concert review in seven movements". Pamela enlisted me and six other music lovers to write reviews of the same concert: The Bad Plus playing Igor Stravinsky’s “The Rite of Spring" at the Loring Theater in Minneapolis on May 20-21, 2011. Thanks, Pamela!

    http://www.bebopified.com/2011/06/bad-plus-play-stravinsky-concert-review.html

    ReplyDelete