Sunday, August 7, 2011

Tears of Joy: Mill Ruins Gig


July 14, 2008

Hey, Alexei and Channy,

Jane and I are looking forward to your gig at the Mill City Museum this Thursday.  I plan to buy a couple of your new CDs while we're there.  I'm also very excited to see that Kill the Vultures will be performing at the Black Dog Block Party on August 31.

A few weeks back, Jane took a four-day intro to hip-hop class called "In Da Tradition", put together by Sha Cage and others at the U of M.  The audience was teachers and students, and there were a number of local mentors there to lend their knowledge and experience.  Jane learned an awful lot of stuff that she can use at her high school.  After the last day of class there was a hip-hop showcase at the Whole in Coffman Union.  Jane invited me, and I really enjoyed it.

But what I enjoyed the most was her seemingly spur-of-the-moment signing up for a spot, and reading a really, really cool poem -- with so much style and real feeling it was as though she had written it herself... I discovered by the end that she *had* written it -- it was a love poem to me for my birthday, which was the next day.  Awesome!

Since Friday is Jane's birthday, would you guys be willing to do some sort of Happy Birthday serenade for her from the stage this Thursday?  OR BETTER YET, could you announce a request from Bruce, dedicated to Jane for her birthday, and then play "These Tears Ain't Mine"?  Jane is the love of my life, you know. 

Thanks for making us happy, most of the time... and for making us cry.

Bruce

No comments:

Post a Comment